Friday, October 13, 2006

Final Weeks of my Pregnancy


I am now 36 weeks pregnant. I will be 37 weeks on Sunday. I am so excited. The baby is head down. It won't be long and he will be here. Yes if I haven't already told you it is a boy. We have had to wonderful baby showers for him and have gotten lots of good things. We can hardly wait till he gets here. He does already know who his daddy is. He loves to hear Heath talk and he loves to listen to music. He loves hard rock and gospel. Is that not a weird combination. He takes after his daddy on the hard rock and me on the gospel. I am ready for him to get here, but I am going to miss the moving around inside of me. He has been a very active baby. He loves to kick me in the ribs. I am slowly getting his room ready. I have the crib together and the changing table. Now I just have to find a place for all the wonderful things that we got at the baby showers. There is so much that I still need to do, and no time to do it in. The only time that I get to work on his room is Saturday's because during the week I am to tired after I get off of work to do anything. I just want to go home and sit on the couch and rest. I am going to have to get busy though in case he decides to come early. I don't care if he comes early as long as he does not come on Halloween. Even if he does come on Halloween I will still love him just as much as if he comes on any other day. I know the grandparents on both sides of the family are ready for him to get here. I plan to work up until he comes or until the doctor says otherwise. I am now seeing the doctor every week. I may not get a chance to update again until after he is here, but I will be sure and put some pictures on after he gets here.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yes , we are excited about your son. You will be a wonderful mother. You have had a great example , Mema and GG.

M Holly said...

Amber,

It is hard to believe it is time for your baby to be here - well at least, nearly time. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that you have an easy delivery. What are you naming your son? If I was told, I have forgotten. That's what happens when you get old!

Uncle Larry and I appreciate your comments about Grandmother Eubank. She's a lady like none other! What a treasure this family has had to have her with us all these years. I don't think I've ever seen her without a smile on her face and a loving comment to make to every one in her presence. We will miss her dearly.

Well, take care and let us see those pictures when your boy arrives!

Aunt Holly

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am so excited for you. I can still recall every detail of my oldest, Hollyn's, pregnancy, labor and delivery. Being a mom is the HARDEST but most precious thing I have ever done. Enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy because there are days that I want to put mine back-haha! Let us know when he arrives and definitely post some pics. We are lifting you up in prayer.

Your cousin,
Sara