Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Port Arthur Business Trip 2006

Monday Feb. 20, 2006- My flighyt was sheduled to leeve out of Amarillo at 11:00, and I needed to be at the airport at 10:00. Heath and I arrived at the airport at 10:00 got checked in and checked my luggage in and then found out that my flight would not leave until noon. So we said our good byes and he left the airport and I went on through security and found the gate that I would be leaving out of. My flight arrived on time at noon. Once I got to Houston I got off the plane, had to climb some stairs up to the terminal and then walk like a mile to a place where I could catch a bus that would take me to another terminal so that I could catch my next plane that left at 3:30. I had about an hour and half layover there in Houston. So I ate some lunch and looked through the little gift shops that they have in the airport. Since my flight from Amarillo to Houston was late that made it to were I did not have to wait as long at Houston for my flight to Port Arthur. The fight to Port Arthur arrived on time and 45 minutes later I was in Port Arthur. There was suppose to be someone there to pick me up and take me to the hotel, but nobody was there yet so I waited around. I called Heath, and Mom to let them know that I had made it all the way to Port Arthur and that I was waiting on someone to pick me up. About 5 still no one had come to pick me up so I called my SAP Supervisor that I was going to work under while I was down there and left him a message telling him that no one was there to pick me up. Well, he never returned my call. I finally was able to get a cab ride at 6 which cost me 15 dollars just for them to take me a couple of miles to the hotel. I ordered pizza for supper and just stayed in the Hotel paying invoices.

Tuesday February 21, 2006- I met Shellie Mapes (from our Willimington Refinery) down in the lobby of the hotel at 6:30 this morning because she was going to be my ride this week. Shellie introduced me to everyone and showed me around and then I met Neal Lucas who took me to meet the Port Arthur Refinery's A/P department and start training them on what they needed to learn. After work all of us went out and ate at Mazzio's and then called it a night.

Wednesday February 22, 2006-Another day much like yesterday, but I brought some of my work from my refinery with me and when I was not helping them I was paying invoices. I got a lot accomplished while I was there. Not just for me either. Iwas able to teach them alot and get 125 invoices paid that I had brought with me and should be able to finish the rest tomorrow. After work, Shellie and I went to Walmart so she could get her nails done. After she got her nails done we went and ate at McDonalds. That was my Wednesday in Port Arthur.

Thursday February 23, 2006- Today was the same as yesterday as far as work goes except that we got off earlier to go to the Mardi Gras Parade and then out to eat because most of us that had travled there would be leaving tomorrow. So we got done at work by 5:30 p.m. and headed to the parade. I had never been to a Mari Gras celebration of any kind ever in my life so this was quite and expierence. It was really fun watching all of the people and seeing all of the beads. They were everywhere. People even were dressed up with all kinds of different hats, beads, etc. It was a really neat experience. Then the place that we went and ate supper at was so good. I had so much and met so many people that I did not want to leave, but then I really did cause I really missed my husband, dog, and the rest of my family and friends, but I did make some new ones.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are doing such a good job . I am proud of you.